Friday, September 2, 2011

This Bird Has Flown

If you have read my blog back a few months, you will know that I have been trying to sell my Sundowner, N6439C, after having bought a Bonanza.  It was just a matter of finding the right buyer - someone who knew and appreciated the unique values that a Sundowner has - ruggedness, precision and comfort, even if they may be a few knots slower than a Piper.  Those few knots are used by having a stronger, more solid frame, and higher wing loading and wider cabin with 2 entry doors.  That results in more drag, better stability and a slightly lower top speed.

But 49C has a Power Flow exhaust fitted, making it one of the best performing "180 HP" Sundowners out there, and a superlative avionics suite.

So this morning, Charlie's new owner J and I met at AeroCountry, and him having wired the selling price, I handed over the keys.  J and Charlie started their new adventures right away.

The Bird Has Flown......

1 comment:

Gary said...

Congrats on the sale. I hope "J" enjoys his new plane. You did point him to the BAC web pages....right ? :)